Monday 21 April 2014

Organize Your Bathroom - Using a Shoe Organizer





 I took sometime this weekend to organize my bathroom. It just had to be done. I am sure we all go thru the same thing with all the "stuff" we have in our bathrooms. My biggest pet peeve is pulling out my straight iron or my blow dryer and trying untangle all the cords and everything it has found to wrap itself around.
I remembered  a pin that I found on Printerest sometime ago that I had kept in the back of mind. I would like to give a shout out to the original idea @ http://www.pinterest.com/erterrell/, you can also checkout my Pinterest http://www.pinterest.com/sgdesigns883/organize-your-life/ OR http://www.pinterest.com/sgdesigns883/  As you can see from the photo, the amount of "stuff" that I was able to remove from underneath there.

Material Needed
  • Cloth/Plastic Shoe Organizer *Tip* I purchased mine at the dollar store.
  • Plastic Baskets  *also from the dollar store
  • Drill
  • Screws/hooks
  • Scissors
  • A BIG garbage bag
Firstly:  I took everything out of the cupboard and started organizing. I found just taking things out of their boxes and putting them in baskets not only make a ton of room, but it just made more sense (dah Sherrie) now I have my makeup in one basket and my nail polish in another.

Okay Let's Begin.

  1. Cut you shoe organizer to fit the inside of the cupboard. The only cut I had to make was in length. Most shoe organizer are the same width.
  2. Mark you holes, as you can see from the photo, I marked mine down approx. 1/2 inch down from the top and then three across. 
  3. Now comes the fun part - Drilling, drill your the marks.  I choose to screw in my organizer, but you can also use hooks, even small cup hooks if you wish, just make sure it's on sturdy so it can take the weight of your contents.

I choose to use the one side for all my hair products. I also used the rest of the organizer for the other side.  




Everything else went in baskets. AMAZING! I cannot tell you what a Time Saver all this organization has been. It starts my day off in the right direction. Cheap and Cheerful!

Next Time

No comments:

Post a Comment